FANDOM


Item0462

This article is a "stub", that means key elements are incomplete, work in progress, or missing completely. You can help TaRapedia by expanding it. Once the missing elements have been filled in, please remove this tag.


OverviewEdit

Target Painting
Target Painting
Type:Ability
Class: Sniper Sniper
Tier: 4
Logos Required
Increase (logos) Increase
Target (logos) Target
Location (logos) Location
Clarity (logos) Clarity
Target Painting is an ability of the Sniper class. It has 80 meters range.
Use Logos to "paint" a target with EM radiation. Higher pump levels cause increasing negative effects on the target: 1> The target gains less benefit from cover; 2> Shots fired against the target automatically gain some percentage of Armor Piercing; 3> Shuts down the target's armor regeneration with the duration of the shutdown increasing per pump.
  • Used against very powerful enemies to undermine their defensive and survival techniques; target painting is doubly effective in a group environment
  • Limits enemy ground cover, improves beading times, and can even interfere with the enemy’s armour regeneration and movement

Usage Edit

Despite the manual's description, Target Painting does not improve bead times (nothing alters this aside from crouching) or reduce enemy movement (see Called Shot if this interests you). It does, however, have numerous beneficial effects:

  • Cover effectiveness reduces the degree at which cover reduces damage. Testing is required to see if this percentage applies to total damage (i.e. 90% reduction in damage from cover - 50% reduction from Target Painting 1 = 40% total reduction) or to cover reduction itself (i.e. 90% reduction in damage from cover * 50% reduction from Target Painting 1 = 45% total reduction). Target Painting can't avoid total cover (you can't shoot what you can't see), but it is not dependent on your position relative to the target (allies flanking your target ignore its cover even if you lose line of sight to it).
  • Armor Piercing stacks with all other sources of armor piercing, most notably from pump 3 or higher in Torqueshell Guns, although as it is a debuff (affects your target), squadmates with high-damage weapons (notably chainguns) will also benefit greatly. Total armor penetration can't go above 100%, naturally, but this ability makes one-shot kills of fully armored targets quite possible.
  • Armor Regen Shutdown is self-explanatory, and particularly useful against bosses (particularly Thrax Technician bosses) and mortars. This ability alone is worth taking Target Painting to pump 3 for (higher pumps are a matter of taste).

Due to the long range, quick activation time, and low duration, it's suggested you paint targets after declaring a Called Shot (pump 5, Head Shot, combines spectacularly with this ability) and before you are noticed by the enemy. However, due to its debuff nature and low cost, painting significant targets in closer-range group firefights is also highly recommended. Along with Shredder Ammo, this is arguably the sniper's most squad-friendly ability.

Note: Against unarmored targets on open ground, Target Painting is obviously useless; such targets include amoeboid or animal bosses and Control Point forcefields.


Progression Edit

Level I II III IV V
Name Target Painting I Target Painting II Target Painting III Target Painting IV Target Painting V
Power cost 30
Duration 15s
Cover Penalty 50% 60% 70% 80% 100%
Armor Piercing 0% 10% 20% 30% 40%
Armor Regen Shutdown No Yes
Description "Use Logos to "paint" a target with EM radiation. Higher pump levels cause increasing negative effects on the target: 1> The target gains less benefit from cover; 2> Shots fired against the target automatically gain some percentage of Armor Piercing; 3> Shuts down the target's armor regeneration with the duration of the shutdown increasing per pump."

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.